'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Monday, August 18, 2014

green green ...




In the Town of Islip, where Bay Shore is, we had an incredible amount of rain one day last week.  13 + inches in less than 6 hours.  I've never seen it rain so hard.  The streets became rivers and little gurgling brooks turned into raging torrents.  Starting a block away, our neighborhood was evacuated, but miraculously, our basement didn't even flood.  It was almost nice not being able to go anywhere, just sit around and play with my beads and wire, totally free of guilt.  Why do I still feel guilty that I no longer have a nine-to-five job?

Anyway, I used my guilt-free time wisely and made a couple of new necklaces:




I thought I had used up all my lovely big faceted Prehnite beads, but I found a few more.  Sometimes being disorganized is a good and useful thing.  The little iridescent gray/green Czech beads are called "ghost beads" and are quite special.  I should have bought more because they don't seem to be available any more.






4 comments:

CraftyHope said...

I hope conditions are getting better there, but you definitely used your time well. Those necklaces are amazing!!

Unknown said...

I hate when I run out of a super special bead and can't remeber where I got it from...I know I've bought or seen similar from one of these shops...they always have something I've not seen anywhere else...hope you find what you are looking for
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BobbiThisnThat.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/fivesisters,
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArteBellaSurplus
https://www.etsy.com/shop/simplypie

Maggie Zee said...

Thanks hope. We're fine and the car wiring and basement were dried out by the following day. We were very very lucky once again.

Maggie Zee said...

Thank you Tina! I buy regularly from all these shops as it turns out, but I will continue to check them out. I think I originally got them from Caledonia.