'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Monday, June 27, 2016

follow up





A few of the pieces didn't work out. They crumbled to a brown dust. I was very disappointed, to say the least. The rest were also rough and brown, but when I tried polishing them, the results were much closer to what I had hoped for. Not sure what I did wrong, but I ordered a couple of different types of bronze clay and I'll try them out and see what gives the best results. I'm reminding myself that I've had the same disappointments with pottery and fabric dyes, so I just have to learn from it and move forward. Sometimes I can be such a grown-up!

A few new Etsy listings:




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maggie I have followed your work for inspiration for a long time now. You are most talented and I thought it was time to let you know. As you've said before we are all just here to re-member so I wanted to re-mind you that you are a deep and wonderful artist to myself and many more. Thanks for sharing!! Jaylee from the vintage advantages

Anonymous said...

Where can I buy?