'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

more ...

OK.  I am obsessed.  It's amazing to be able to imagine something and hold it in your hand a day or so later.












And three layering necklaces that have nothing whatsoever to do with metal clay.  The silver hamsa was purchased at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul by a traveling friend and has been waiting to be used.  It was too new looking, so I gave it a patina and bashed it up a little with my trusty hammer.



4 comments:

lakesuperiorwaves said...

I can’t believe not one comment? That doesn’t make any sense to me! These are incredible!! I love all of your work! So those are polymer clay? Amazing! I have that clay pad but I assure you that I’ve never made anything this cool! I know what I want and can see it in my head but polymer clay never looks ancient enough or rustic enough.

Maggie Zee said...

Sorry not to have replied to your comment at the time but I just saw this! These are precious metal clay - not polymer. They look like metal, well, because they are!

Anonymous said...

Your work is stellar! I use natural elements in my jewelry making (am experimenting all the time! LOL) Your pieces inspire me. Thank you ever so much!

Anonymous said...

These pieces are so beautiful, very creative, I look at them often, wish I could wear one. Difficult to choose a favourite but I particularly like the last two. Awesome work